Tuesday, December 16, 2014

12 Days Of Christmas

I've been thinking a lot lately about the craziness that goes down at Christmas. I'm so easily distracted and enticed by the sparkle and spending. It's actually cray. One of my girlfriends recently posted something to her Insty feed that really inspired me. She decided this year she was going to create a season of togetherness by giving the gift of "doing." In all her crafty goodness she made a handful of cute little brown paper treat bags, each containing tickets to activities, or crafts to be made, etc.

This concept could be recreated in so many ways; maybe as an advent calendar strung up on twine, or hooked as ornaments on the tree. You could even shorten it and do a 12 days of Christmas countdown. It's something I would love to adopt and make my own for next year. Even if you still decide to do gifts, it's a great way to bring the focus back to family and time well spent. 

Have you ever done anything like this before? How did it go? I'd love to hear from you! 
Xo,
T.

No comments :

Post a Comment