Friday, March 20, 2015

Spring Cleaning | Part I (Makeup Brushes)

(Dirty brushes, don't judge)
Welcome back and Happy Fri-yay! As you know I wasn't able to post each day this week, so in honor of the new season I'm going to bring you a fresh series focusing on different tips that help me get my Spring cleaning done in the most efficient way possible. I'll also show you some of my favorite products and how I like to use them. 

To kick this Spring cleaning series off I am going to share the updated way I clean my makeup brushes. Cleaning your face brushes is important when it comes to keeping your skin clean. Just think of the dirt and oil they collect, and then imagine stippling that onto your face. It can also help in prolonging the life of each brush, which is crucial if you've invested in nice ones. I've had some of my MAC brushes since 2005! 
After a few months of wanting this Sigma brush cleaning glove, I realized I could save a lot of money by purchasing a Cuisinart silicone oven mitt instead (pictured above.) It has cut my brush cleaning time in half, does a waaay better job than simply swirling it around in my palm, and was literally under five dollars at TJ Maxx. I pair it with this Simple gentle foaming cleanser (I am beyond obsessed with this as a face wash too) and have been really happy with the results. 

I'm hoping this combo helps keep me on track in regards to cleaning my brushes on a more regular basis, and now possibly for you as well. 
Xo,
T.

2 comments :

  1. So you swirl the brush on the cuisnart glove? I've never heard if this. So cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I pump a half pump of the cleanser down and swirl the wet brush on it. Then I rinse both off and squeeze out the excess water. Lay it flat to dry on a paper towel stack, and you're done!

      Delete