Tuesday, March 31, 2015

#thebabebungalow

Let me begin by explaining how I ended up calling our home "The Babe Bungalow" around Instagram. If you've ever been to our house, you know we lack a little in the square footage department. It's been a welcomed challenge to fit our growing family in this space; emphasis on "challenge."

 In search of small living inspiration I did what I always do best. Stalked Instagram. And Pinterest.  Somewhere along the way I came across Whitney Leigh Morris' profile and fell in love with her space. Her vibe is simple, yet totally stylish with a touch of boho. Plus, she makes living in 362 sq. ft. look down right luxurious which is impressive all in itself. Finding her profile is what led me to name our space. It seemed like such a fun idea to give a home a life and personality of its own, all while allowing people to follow along via hashtag. 

Having our own place has actually breathed new life into how much I truly dig interior design. I want to explore my creative side through different passion projects, especially while I am home with the babes. And who knows where #thebabebungalow could lead? 

As for the actual name: "babe" is the term I've always used to describe my two loves. Since most of our house is focused around their little lives it felt right to include it. And "bungalow" seemed like a clever way to describe our small-ish living space, which is another important feature of our home. So many decision in the remodel process were born out of these two aspects, so it made sense to include them both. 

I hope you enjoy following along on our adventures, and more recently around our home. Now where to put this thing...
Xo,
T.

No comments :

Post a Comment