Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Cheat Days

For all you Bachelorette fans out there, you know the struggle is real when it comes to spoiler alerts via Facebook or Instagram. After having one too many seasons ruined I decided I couldn't even go on the internet last night! We record the show and watch it later on, which is why there was no blog post. I couldn't risk it! 
Well the final rose has been handed out and it's time to get back to business. Today that business just so happens to be another tip from my health and wellness coach. This time Stacy is bringing us her take on cheat days when it comes to your diet plan. Read below to hear what she has to say:

IT'S OKAY TO BE BAD
No one is perfect and I hate to break it to you, but if you try to be, you will definitely fail. People often try and pretend to be perfect and it often comes across as inauthentic. Being in charge of your health is not about pleasing other people, it's about pleasing yourself. 

Many diets incorporate a "cheat day". In my experience this type of schedule is unpleasant. On the "cheat day" you stuff your face full of everything you have been depriving yourself of for the last six days and by evening you feel like your going to puke and your digestive tract is in knots. Then you start the week over again feeling like crap. I believe in allowing yourself to be bad every once in a while so you avoid the gluttonous coma, and are able to stay on track. Taking a more gradual approach to eating healthy is much more sustainable and enjoyable. 

So say it with me "It's okay to be bad". I always advise my clients to follow the 80/20 or 90/10 rule. Be good 80%-90% of the time and allow yourself to eat what you want the other 10%-20% of the time. As you progress in your health journey you will naturally increase your "good" percentage because your body will let go of junk cravings and begin craving healthier foods.

Personally, I couldn't agree more. Following Stacy's suggested 90/10 rule has really helped me live a healthier and more normal life. No one wants to be that girl who isn't eating at a party because of a strict diet. I much prefer portion control as apposed to total deprivation, especially in social settings. How about you? Have you seen tho 90/10 rule work for you? Or do you feel the complete opposite? I'd love to hear from you!
Xo,
T.

No comments :

Post a Comment