Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Congrats | Party Supplies

Over the weekend we hosted a little BBQ for my family in honor of my brother Jeff getting a rad new job he's worked so hard for. I wanted to dress up the patio and make it feel festive without going overboard. I realized how important it is to have extra "party supplies" on hand so that you are always 5-10 minutes away from a well hosted evening.

 For example, I used an old roll of black & white wrapping paper as our table runner, and a chalk garland that I customized for the night. I try and make it a practice to keep an eye out for sale odds and ends every couple of trips to Target, and keep a box at home handy for last minute party decor. 

What's in my party supply haul:
  1. Wrapping paper/butcher paper (for table runner, place mats, or kids coloring paper at dinner.)
  2. A selection of cocktail napkins (with congrats, happy birthday, etc.)
  3. Tassel garlands (pink/blue and one neutral like black and white or gold.)
  4. 1-3 centerpieces (think grouping of candles, a few lanterns, or antlers.)
  5. Framed chalkboard and/or stand (for menu, sign, etc.)

Xo,
T.


2 comments :

  1. Love! Where can I find butcher paper?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think IKEA has a huge roll of white Kraft type paper, or you can go to the party aisle at Target and get these: http://m.target.com/p/spritz-placemat-kraft-10-ct/-/A-16453747

    ReplyDelete