Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Current Vibe | When Life Gives You Lemons...

Grab the salt and Patron! (Kidding...kind of...not really.)
Tequila fan or not, the concept behind the saying is solid advice: when presented with a difficult situation, make the best of it. I also like to think the sub meaning is celebrate the good. After sharing a few "lemons" in terms of the blog, I wanted to take some time now to focus on the good, and where to go from here.

I can tell you right now the good is most definitely the blog itself. I started Hip Hop Hooray as something just for me, outside of my role as mama, wife, friend, etc. I was feeling a little out of control and wanted a place where I could create, enjoy, and share the things that bring me happiness. Namely fashion, the babes, and an occasional beauty or home post. Blogging has made me more organized, expanded my circle of friends, and helped me pull my "ish" together in general. You know what they say, "if you want something done, ask a busy person." The blog, although time consuming, has given me the ability to multitask like a boss. (Emoji wink/smiley face) 

So in my last post I mentioned how I've been contemplating doing something dramatic. The sort of undertaking that would mean hours and hours of work, and a serious amount of dedication on my part. If I do decide to move forward with the blog it's going to need an overhaul. I also mentioned how my style has recently changed and I'd like to explain: I don't mean my style has changed in terms of fashion. When I say I've changed, I mean in a larger sense. All of a sudden I feel like I really know what I want. I know how I want things to look, and what I want to say. Maybe it was a delayed response to turning 30, but I feel like I now carry this confidence, not so much in myself (although that too) but more in life. 

Back to the overhaul...I think I'm hesitant to basically "start fresh" in terms of my online profile because of the emotional attachment I have to it. Silly as it may seem, I'm sentimental about my old posts on Facebook, or some of the first photo's on my Instagram. These profiles have been documenting my life for a long time, and it's difficult for me to just give them up. Having said that, I also know it's time for a change. 

I still need to narrow all of these thoughts and plans down to one cohesive outline. I would like to create a game plan with specific steps of where to go from here. The good news is I really feel like I've got the emotional aspect sorted out, so now it's time to figure out the actual next steps. 

I'll try to keep you posted as I figure this out, but thank you so much for coming along with me on this journey. I really appreciate the time you take to read the blog and leave your comments. Let me know what you think about what I've shared, I'd love to hear from you!
Xo,
T.




2 comments :

  1. I know how you feel, and that is exactly why I've been working on a rebrand & an all-new website. It has been a lot of work, but now that I am days away from launching, I am SO GLAD I decided to invest in me! You got this!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heather, that's amazing! I can't wait to see what you've been working on. And thank you for the support, it means so much!

      Delete