Wednesday, July 8, 2015

More Please

Lately I've been feeling this odd combination, like I'm completely kicking ass and totally lacking all at the same time. I literally find myself at either extreme depending on the time of day and my mood. Which as you can imagine seems like I'm on the Ramona-coaster 24/7. To help tip the scale in favor of the ass kicking I decided to try something new...as well as bring back an old favorite: 
For years I have kept all of my notes and appointments on my iPhone. I love that it's always (and I mean, always) with me. The convenience of being able to type everything in was initially appealing, but the challenge of not having a full glance or being able to flip to a date is heavily contributing to why I feel disorganized. I also think I will get an unreasonable amount of pleasure from physically crossing things off when I transition to a written agenda. I mean, how can you not get excited over this Ban.do beauty in "Ringleader?" Did I mention it has gold foil?

As for bringing back an old favorite, I was reminded recently how much I love this devotional while recommending it to a friend. Whenever I'm feeling out of control it always resorts back to the fact that I don't have enough Jesus in my life. Making time each day to just be still and connect with Jesus is exactly what this mama needs. 


So tell me, do you keep everything on your phone or do you have an old school planner? Also, have you read Jesus Calling? I'd love to hear from you in the comments or over on my Instagram. (The link to my profile is on the side panel.)
Xo,
T.

2 comments :

  1. I LOVED my old-school planners (MomAgenda was a favorite) but I switched to the phone with school-aged kids b/c I needed it with me all the time. I still totally agree that nothing beats making a list and physically crossing things off. I have Jesus Calling for my girls, too. I am sorry you are on the crazy train some days, but it is nice to know I am not alone!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kelly! Thanks so much for weighing in. I've never heard of the MomAgenda, I'll have to check it out. I can see why you needed to move to your phone...you guys are super busy, and I'm sure one day I'll run into a similar problem...but for now, this is my jam! As for the crazy train...all aboard!

      Delete