Thursday, July 31, 2014

A Date with Fashionable Fete

Welcome back! Today I have an exciting beauty feature to share with you. My long time friend as well as creative director of Fashionable Fete stopped by Hip Hop Hooray HQ to work her makeup magic on me. Susie is a mama and an accomplished makeup artist who studied at the Napoleon Perdis Makeup Academy. One of the many cool services her company offers is an in home makeup assessment. Basically, Susie offers to bring her expertise to the comfort of your own makeup drawer. During her assessment she will tell you what to keep, toss and add to your collection. In short, she is a traveling Sephora but with concierge services. What woman or mama couldn't benefit from that?
Below, Susie will also show you how the right pair of lashes can give you that extra touch of glam for an event or night out. If you were timid about trying this makeup trick before, fear not. Susie explains that the right tools such as this Bulls Eye lash applicator from the Sephora Collection, and the right glue (she prefers the clear DUO glue) can help you to easily achieve this look. One tip Susie shared with me was to let the glue get very tacky before trying to apply. I'm talking very tacky. Apparently you should wait a good 15-30 seconds before attempting to put it on your lash line. She also instructed me to start the lashes where my natural lashes start, not on the very most inner corner. An important tip to keep in mind for when I have to brave this on my own.
Here is my "before shot" and the final result with my lashes on! It's important to note that no eyeliner was used to achieve this look. Impressive, right? I hope you like it as much as I do. Be sure to check out Susie at Fashionable Fete to learn more about her services, and to see other looks she has created. As always, thank you for reading.

Xo,
T.


No comments :

Post a Comment