Friday, August 1, 2014

Swim Lessons


Last week was our first day of swim lessons! To be totally honest, I was a little taken back by how hesitant Savvy was to join her group. Normally, she has no fear when it comes to activities that don't involve me. She practically runs to her class at preschool, and has always marched right off to Sunday school with a smile. This however, was not the case with swim. Day one was somewhat of a disaster, but thankfully as the week went on I could see her becoming more comfortable. It was pretty difficult for Cory and I to watch from behind the fence instead of on the benches with the other parents, but I could really see the difference it made. Once we were "gone" she slowly stopped crying and started having fun. 

I witnessed this sort of thing time and time again while working with preschoolers. When mommy and daddy stuck around, it only prolonged the tears. But when the parents just ripped the band aid off and kissed the babe goodbye, the little one slowly started joining the group. To date this is the most painful band aid I've had to rip off, but I'm so glad I did. For the both of us. 
Savvy's Outfit: Swimsuit: Similar HERE Glitter Tote: Similar HERE (ours was under $10.00 at Old Navy, but unfortunately it's no longer available.) 
Below: Pre-swim.
Below: post-swim. Poor girl! (Don't worry, part II gets better!) 
Check back tomorrow for Part II of Swim Lessons with Savvy for an update and new outfit recap. 

Have you ever had to rip the band aid off? Was it as painful for you as it was for me? I'd love to hear from you!

Xo,
T.

4 comments :

  1. Aww! Poor thing. It completely breaks my heart having to do that. We recently had this with Reagan at Sunday school. She screamed for me to stay. But like you said, two minutes after we left she was fine. I had to stand at the corner and peak in to make sure she was completely okay before going into church. This is probably the hardest part of motherhood for me. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Talk about heartbreak! You are such a good mommy for knowing when to go, and when to stay. It's not easy, but someone's gotta do it! #themamastruggleisreal

      Delete
  2. Bless her precious little heart! But she conquered her fears like a champ...way to go Savvy-girl!

    ReplyDelete