Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Organize It | Shopping Your Closet

 Welome back. Was Wednesday as brutal on you as it was on me? I woke up to a little boy who decided it would be fun to take off his dirty diaper and throw it! Good times. On the bright side, I am finally feeling like my storage (or lack there of) drama has come to an end. As most of you know, we live in a little love shack...emphasis on little. We have done a ton of work to bring this place "up to code" as I like to call it, but you just can't wish a walk in closet into existence. I've tried. So instead we have learned to maximize what storage we do have, purchase furniture that does double duty, and pare down. 

After reading THIS POST by the talented girls at A Beautiful Mess, I was really inspired to evaluate how I shop, what I have, and what I don't need anymore. I've also begun to think about how I organize and store my things. As I get older I see the value in investing in things you absolutely love, and then taking really good care of them so they last a long time. (Don't panic, I will NEVER break up with F21. This is just about pieces you want to invest a little more in) Having said that, it's important to have the right items to help you achieve just that. After a few trips to Ikea, The Container Store, and Target I've completely redesigned a blank wall in our master bedroom. This wall, with it's new Ikea shelves, now acts as decorative storage. Which simply means it looks nice but also serves a purpose. Which for me, need to go hand in hand. 

Now I can easily see my sunglasses and accessories, so getting dressed feels way more practical and appealing. It's like shopping your own closet, which in the end saves you time and money. It gives you the chance to really appreciate what you have too, and that can often result in a more grateful attitude.

How do you store your stuff? Do you display it or stash it? I'd love to hear your tips in the comments below. Or Tweet me @Traci_Taylor
I also have a pretty little gold dish out to corral my perfumes and ring box. I find myself remembering to spray more often when it's in our room where I get dressed, as opposed to the bathroom. 
Xo,
T.

4 comments :

  1. Oh I love this! Will you share a picture of the whole wall? Such a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful closet set up you have! It's inspiring me to re-think my closet/storage! =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Miranda! I'm so glad you like it. Happy organizing!

      Delete