Thursday, September 17, 2015

Little Green Smoothies

The longest standing challenge I've faced as a mother is providing the babes with a well balanced diet. Getting a healthy meal in either of them is next to impossible with A) how little they both eat in general, and B) the limited amount of food they will actually tolerate. I've definitely had to get creative over the last few years and one of the best alternatives to the meal time veggie battle has been "little green smoothies." I've tried a ton of different combinations, but the one shown above is their favorite. At the end of the day I want their relationship with food to be positive and making smoothies is one way I feel like we both win. 

Add the following ingredients, blend (I'm obsessed with the Nutribullet) and enjoy! 
  • 1 banana
  • 1 cup of milk (I use almond milk)
  • 1 yogurt cup (I like the ones from Trader Joes)
  • A generous handful of spinach (I prefer this organic option which can be found at Sprouts)
If you make this for your babe, let me know! I'd love to hear if they liked it as much as Savvy and Hudson do. Oh and don't forget to get a character cup with a wide straw and designate it as the "smoothie cup" so it's a special treat when they get to use it. 

Xo,
T.

No comments :

Post a Comment