Wednesday, September 23, 2015

LookBook, Fall 2015 | Boho Babe

Welcome back! Today I'm going to give you a few behind the scene's details on how this look came together for my first youtube video (Fall 2015 LOOKBOOK) and why I love it for the upcoming months. This look does a couple of things right, one of which is adding interest through texture. We have fringe, faux suede, super soft cotton on the tee, and leather for the purse and shoes. Texture is extra important for Fall because it adds an instant layered feel to any outfit, causing it to look seasonally appropriate.

The second way this look is killing it is by getting the proportions right. The wrap effect of the skirt makes it a little shorter in front, which keeps it from overwhelming my frame. Having the tee tied up also keeps it from looking too baggy and/or boyfriend-y. Always consider a half tuck or a knot if your tops tend to be longer, it will almost guarantee a better waistline which will be slimming overall...even if that area of your body isn't something you really want to emphasize. Trust me, it works. 

And that's it! This look is super simple, boho without feeling costume like, and could easily be paired with a classic pair of white Chuck Taylors for a more laid back vibe. I really hope you enjoy it as much as I do. Tell me, would you rock a fringe skirt? I mean, this is what my dreams are made of...but we've already established I may be a closet hippie. I know it's not for everyone so let me know your thoughts below. I'll see you back here tomorrow for look number three from the video!
Xo,
T.

No comments :

Post a Comment